1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 32pw9509 or Panasonic TX32PD50

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by spinout, Nov 27, 2004.

1. spinout

spinout

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

New to this forum but would approeciate your views on the above choice.

Was originally planning to buy a Philips 32pw9618 but by the time I gout around to it they seem to be rare on the ground and lots od new models out.

Really just looking of r a good quality picture with OK sounds as I'll probably add home cinema gear later.

TIA,
    Carl

2. spinout

spinout

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm, 56 reads and no response yet. Perhaps I'm asking the wrong question.

Let me re-phrase. At present I'm currently coming down on the side of the Panasonic. However, given the level of problems reported with the PD30 - would you trust the PD50?

Ta,
    Carl

3. DRGL

DRGL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Not until it's been out for a while!!

4. spinout

spinout

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Alternatively, just found a decent buy on a Philips 32pw9618 (£850). Does everything I want but looks a bit ordinary.

Any thoughts?
    Carl

5. bgcm12

bgcm12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    spinout,

dont know if this is any use to you, but i have just bought a philips 32pw9308 - i know it is an older model, but it has pixelplus - which i hate.

I am no expert, i just wanted a decent tv, and the philips got good reviews for pic quality. I have sky+ mainly to watch the sport - it looks terrible. The footy is so blocky and i am so disappointed in general.

Ben

6. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    I had a pd30 ,dvd playback was superb but everyday viewing it was impossible to maintain a nuetral picture .If you are spending that much dosh i would opt for the toshiba 32zp48 ,i swapped my panasonic for one of these and it is excellent.

7. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Spinout

Just to say, after a year's deliberation and viewing the pros and cons on this forum, I bought the Philips 36PW9618 six months ago. I have been overjoyed with this television. The sound and picture have more than surpassed my expectations and I am extremely critical of most televisions. I love the pixel plus picture after considerable tweaking from factory settings on my part.

I was tempted with the pd30 and I think if they ironed out the problems it would be a good buy. Someone posted they had bought the pd50 on this forum and it seemed to be a good one.

Good luck that your new television will be all you want and stay that way!