1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 32PW9509 or Panasonic TX-32PD30

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by golden, Jun 1, 2004.

1. golden

golden
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I need a advice for the best choice - The new Philips 9509 with Pixel Plus 2 or Panasonic PD30 with component.
    Thank you very much.

2. bazzae123

bazzae123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Golden,

Going on my own experience with 3 different PD30's and a 9509 I would say the 9509 is far better from a DVD, and that's being run in S-video mode. On all the sets I used the third film in the "Jurassic park" series to check details etc. The film has lots of fast action and complex forest scenes to give the processing a bit of a workout. Now, don't get me wrong the PD30 is nice and clean and has a sharp picture but I found the colours very muted which made the whole viewing experience so so. The 9509 however is a different story all together. Watching the same scenes was a pure delight and I couldn't believe the amount of detail and colour. The forest screens were so life like you felt like you were actually sitting at the edge of the forest looking in on all the action. I wanted to run around to all my neighbours homes and say "come and look at this".
    The other thing you need to be aware of is using the PD30 with RGB signals. You may read in other threads that some people have had trouble with this. All I can say on this subject is be very careful. My main viewing is through a SKY box on RGB output and the pictures are not very good at all on the PD30. Again, its the colours, they are very muted and there seams to be a lot of extra noise that the TV can't handle very well.
    The Philips is very good on RGB if you get a set that has both working OK, see my other thread on this subject. The Philips also has a very good analogue tuner.
    Please remember this is my own experience with both these TV's and may differ from other peoples findings.

Well, good luck in your choice.

Bazza