1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

philips 32pw9509 help please for noowbie!!!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jackrenton, Jun 21, 2005.

1. jackrenton

jackrenton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi guys im after some help ... this is a bit long winded !!
    after looking at the reviews for it i decided to go for the philips 32pw9509 and found it was cheapest at DIGITALDIRECT. so i ordered and it was delivered on friday last week ,as we were going away i didnt have time to check it over .on monday i set it all up and became very dissapointed with the sound from it with the bass been muted and muffled at any volume ???i mean ive had to turn the bass right down just to stop the set resonating and vibrating (my 4 year old jvc sounds 100times better)its worse on philips music preset.
    i also have some sort of mark or shadow on the picture(like there is a smudge on the glass but behind it??)
    anyway i contacted dd today by email and got fed up with waiting for them to call me so i phoned them and was told someone would phone me in due course!!!, but i got fed up again and demanded to speak to someone .
    i wanted to reject the tv there and then but the chap on the phone said i would have to put it in writing ???and they would collect the tv and when they had decided if it was faulty the would refund me!!!
    they also told me i would be charged for return delivery if it wasnt!! they are also saying it could just be down to settings and they need adjusting ??
    thing is ive compaired the picture and sound to one in currys(set the same as mine) and i can definatly see and hear a difference so i know its faulty and judging by the thraeds on here im not the nly one with problems with the 9509(i wish id found this site before id ordered!!!)
    so now im waiting for someone to collect it . i bet they say there is nothing wrong with it!!! what can i do then peeps as i dont want it back.
    they did however say that if it was faulty then i can have a replacement from a different manufacturer ?? any ideas on what to go for ???
    thanks and sorry for the long first post!!

2. chriszzzzzz

chriszzzzzz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Sale of goods act (distance selling) comes to mind. Just mention it to them it may help concentrate their minds.
    Trouble with buying off the internet is that some companies just take the ****. They should cover anything for a faulty product, like, return carriage.
    Value is only as good as the back up you recieve. Some are good at it but many not. Recommendation from satisfied customers goes a long way.
    Personaly I don't mind paying a bit more to go to somewhere where I know I can get problems sorted out quickly.
    Just stick to your guns and insist you no longer want the faulty set. you have the law on your side for once.
    Good luck.

3. jackrenton

jackrenton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    has anyone ever rejected a tv for the reasons i stated above???or am i just being to picky !!!(i dont think i am as ive spent 650 quid of my hard earned on a tv)
    also ive noticed that the buttons on top of the set that control volume channel etc are actually rubbing and interfereing with the case of the tv(like its been poorly manufacturered ).
    im thinking of actually driving up to dd myself to save on courier costs(even though they havent contacted me yet!!) and etting a bit forceful with them!
    has anyone ever visited there shop(if they have one).
    or
    should i cut them out and go to philips direct for a replacement as i relly like the set but i would prefer on without faults!!!

i think the second option is best , after reading the reviews about dd on dealtime im not sure they give a stuff about returns !!

4. jackrenton

jackrenton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    oh and does anyone know what philips class as acceptable defects and within tolerance???