1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 32PW9509 and Scart 3 issues.

Discussion in 'TVs' started by bazzae123, Feb 2, 2005.

1. bazzae123

bazzae123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How many of you guys who have purchased the 9509 have had scart 3 issues on either RGB or composite. Last year I purchased one as soon as it was released and had to get it changed because the scart 3 socket wouldn't function correctly. I remember at the time a couple of other members also had this problem. Anyway, the second set I received seen to function a bit better with at least one of my pieces of equipment (Sky Box) working OK in scart 3, My Humax satellite box wouldn't work though. The problem is now the Sky box has died and I've had it replaced with a new one but, you guessed it, it doesn't work in Scart 3. This is in either RGB or composite mode. ALL my equipment works OK in all the other scarts but not 3. Luckily, I've reported this back to Comet and they have agreed to give me a full refund or exchange the TV for a new or different model. Well done Comet. I would be interested to see if anybody else has had this problem. I'm really tempted to get another as the picture on the 9509 is superb but I'll have a look around to see if there's anything else about before I make the final decision. The strange thing is when I looked at comet web site a lot of the top makes of TV are no longer listed. Is every thing moving over to LCD Etc?

Bazza