Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Philips 32PW9509 and progessive scan DVD?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Connal, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Connal

Connal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help!

I'm using a Denon DVD2910 with the Philips TV. What's my best way to connect them? I only seem to have the option of using Scart, but does that pick up on the progressive scan capabilities of the DVD player?

And is there any difference between Scart and RGB Scart cables which seem to go for more money?

All help gratefully received by this newbie moron.

2. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    The philips 9509 does not have component inputs,True progressive scanning will not be possible.Rgb scarts i believe are fully wired and able to carry a true rgb signal and are better quality.

3. a2themutherk

a2themutherk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    "RGB scart" usually means that the lead is only wired to carry pictures.So if you plugged your dvd into your tv using a scart like this you would only get pictures,no sound.The upside is better PQ than fully wired scarts which carry both audio and video.To get sound you would have to use the audio out jacks on the dvd to a spare input on a stereo amp.Hope this helps.