1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 32PW95## Leather TV's.....?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Mugi, Jun 27, 2002.

1. Mugi

Mugi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm still looking for that ideal TV after several weeks of silent reading here, several wasted quid on mags and dozens of store visits.

The TV in the subject really caught my eye from an aesthetics point of view - the leather, while not to everyone's taste I imagine, looks great to me.

However, I'm a little confused by the designation - PW95 followed by 94, 95, or 96 dependent on leather colour.

What set is this also equivalent to? It must be another set in a leather box - if I know what the TV under the skin is then I can do some searches here in the forums and see what comes up.

Thanks in advance.

Also, while I'm here, I'm generally very disappointed by the widescreen sets I've seen. P+ seems very "bitty" and the rest seem to have fuzzy, ghosty pictures, though I agree it's near impossible to tell from the in store displays. Can these modern sets really be defeated by my folks' 24" Toshiba? Would I be better off buying a 37" 4:3?

2. Serpico

Serpico

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I've decided to take the plunge and buy a Philips 36PW 9607. The Pixel Plus looked pretty good to me, even in store, and a number of people here have recommended it. If I find that when it's in my house that the picture isn't up to my expectations then I'll exchange it for a 50Hz and some more toys.

Those leather tv's aren't actually encased in real leather are they? Surely just leather look/colour? otherwise....yeuch! :)