Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Philips 32pw9308 problem lines

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by robsyme, Feb 16, 2005.

1. robsyme

robsyme
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought this TV around 5 months ago. The problem is that after a while some thin green red and blue lines appear at the top of the screen, this is especially noticable with a dark background and is almost constant when the the black bar is at the top of the screen. At first I just tried to ignore it, but now it's driving me crazy. Can anyone help?

:lease:

2. Niburu

Niburu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This sounds like a possible problem with the RGB alignment. It may be curable in the engineer mode but I suggest you contact Philips and explain your problem and let them advise you.

3. robsyme

robsyme
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, i know this probabaly sounds stupid, but what is RGB?

4. Niburu

Niburu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello.

RGB stands for Red, Green and Blue, which are the 3 colours in the light spectrum that make up all the other colours.
    The 3 colours in maximum concentration make black but if they are poorly aligned, you will be able to see them as seperate colours, which you are seeing on your TV. As it is only in a certain area, it may be fairly simple to sort out. Call Philips to find out how to tackle the problem.

5. robsyme

robsyme
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone else help?....perhaps there is something in the engineers menu I can adjust.