1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 32PW9308... Good Value at £700???

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Johnny Chimpo, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Johnny Chimpo

Johnny Chimpo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone...

After lurking for a couple of days, and reading about other peoplw tellies, I'm hoping that someone can give me some advice regarding my imminent TV purchase :)

I spent 1/2 hour this afternoon, wandering aimlessly around my local Currys, looking for a 32" 100hz set with good picture quality (bloody hard as the video feed to the TV's was grainy and I assume most of the TV's are showing factory-preset picture settings)

Anyways, IMO the best picture in the place was on the Philips 36PW9308... but my budget is restricted to an absolute max of £800 :(
    I see that the 32" version of this set is available on Dixons website at £700 - is it reasonable to assume that because it's essentially the same model as the 36" set that the picture will be as good?
    The 32" set wasn't on demo in Curry's but the 28" model was (28PW9308) and I have to say I wasn't impressed with it's picture... looked very processed and artificial.

Has anyone any direct experience with the 32PW9208 and it's pro's/con's?
    Or any suggestions for an alternative set around £700 to £800?

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

J.B.

2. Lyricman

Lyricman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    The 9308 is an old model being replaced by the 9309 I think. Comet has the 9308 in for £799 and also a 9528 - exclusive to Comet. This is a new model with 3 scarts whereas the 9308 has only 2. I compared the two and the 9308 had a better picture IMHO. Still not as good as the Pixel plus 2 9509 but it is £300 cheaper and would therefore be a good buy.

3. Adcote

Adcote
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The pixel plus-2 32PW9509 can be had for £779 from TV & Video Direct of Bolton (or pricematched at the same price from John Lewis with a free 5-year warranty included). The 9509 is IMHO a better set than the 9308 and is bang in the middle of your budget.