1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 32PW8807 Feedback

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Aussie_expat, Nov 8, 2002.

1. Aussie_expat

Aussie_expat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, does anyone have any feedback on the Philips 32PW8807 ? Good or bad.
    Thanks

2. bobby1

bobby1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought one last week but have just had it returned because of impurities on the screen (a sort of a yellow blotch in the bottom right hand corner that i found hard to ignore). The thing is I really like this TV and was impressed with the overall image quality. I hope the replacement I get is ok.

It seems like I spend more reading about TVs than actually watching them these days.

3. Aussie_expat

Aussie_expat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pls let me know how you go when you get the replacement. I'm thinking of buying one in the next month, so i have some time. I might also get back down to the store and take a closer look to see if it has this issue.
    Thanks for letting me know

4. bobby1

bobby1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just got my local store to demo the P+ 32" and put on scene 26 of LOTR (the one where they are going over mountain). Unfortunately there were some impurities on the screen, similiar in nature to the 8807.

Its such shame because Philips has the best picture quality of all the TVs I've looked at in my opinion.

I've decided to take a break from my widescreen expedition (I just wish I hadn't sold my 29inch 4:3!)

5. Patriarch

Patriarch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any other 8807 owners? I really want to hear opinions

6. Runerg

Runerg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello.
    I have had one for about one month. It went back to the store. The picture is great when it is no movement in the picture, but when persons, cars (Formula1 race) move the tv makes some kind of heat haze around the moving objekts. Its the natural motion. Switch it off and you get rid of that problem.
    In dark, grey and green scenes there are more faults.In the mines in the Lotr movie, this fault is evident. Two black bars are showing, and they are really anoying (see the pixel plus thread) Same problem on almost every Philips set. Some sets have three or more of them.
    Sometimes the picture are split in two by a horisontal white line in the middle of the screen. Sometimes the tv makes a high pitch noise. Switch it off and on and its gone.
    I talked to the Philips produckt manager in my country and it sounded like he knew of the troubles with the sets. Especially the black bars. He admitted that they were there, but didnt know what to do to get rid of them.

After this set I bought a Pana PL1. I was quite happy with it, but when I tested a Loewe Aventos I returned it to the store and bought the Loewe.

Rune