Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Philips 32pw8729c v JVC AV32X4

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by swilt1, Mar 5, 2005.

1. swilt1

swilt1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys,

I have narrowed my selection down to the two TV's above, mainly based on price around £500 each.

My thoughts are to go for the JVC AV32x4.

I have read postives and negatives for the JVC on this forum but can not find anything on the 8729.

Any body any comments on these two TV's? :lease:

2. GoonerEm

GoonerEm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I too am of the same dilemma. I have seen reviews of both sets - my set up is Sky at home so will mainly be using the set for sport and movies, plus a few DVD and PS2.
    Really don't know which one to go for - can anyone out there help?
    Cheers

3. Contact

Contact
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Both fairly good sets. JVC's Super Digipure does help clean up a bit, but for sport use a 100Hz set is still going to have more trouble than a 50Hz one. Since the JVC has better connectivity (an extra scart and front connections tucked round the right side) and generally more features (slim design, split screen text), I'd probably go for that one.

The Philips one seems fairly standard for a Philips 100Hz 32". Only having two scart connections is fairly poor for that though.

Here's some more details on the Philips:

http://www.consumer.philips.com/con...&proxybuster=NOYJQWETKZTM5J0RMRESHP3HKFSEKI5P