Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Philips 32PW6518 service menu trouble

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by ClansOfIntrigue, Feb 11, 2005.

1. ClansOfIntrigue

ClansOfIntrigue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I guess I brought it on myself... watching The Simpsons on my new Philips 32PW6518 I felt that the edges of the 4:3 display weren't quite straight, so I opened up the service menu and played with the geometry settings. I've got it slightly straighter... but the tv seems to have trouble accepting the settings.

Whenever I turn it off or even change input source, the EWW setting gets reset to a really low level, causing the tv to become very pinched in the middle.

Any other settings I change seem to stick fine, but that one always gets reset to single digits (I want it to be about 26).

Any suggestions how I can make the setting stick? Or am I going to have to go into the service menu every time I turn the tv on or change channel? :eek:

:oops:

2. ClansOfIntrigue

ClansOfIntrigue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I managed to solve the problem. I tried another DVD (Taxi Driver), and was surprised that it displayed at a 4:3 aspect ratio. Tried another I knew to be widescreen, the same thing... so I adjusted the EWW setting to get it back to 16:9, and turned the set off/on. The setting stuck :)

Conclusion: the TV modifies the EWW setting internally when it's projecting a 4:3 image (to make it square shaped). When you change the EWW setting manually, it takes it as the "widescreen value"... then next time you give the tv a 4:3 source reduces it, intending to get the image square in the centre of the screen.

Hence, any geometry adjustments done on a 4:3 source are pretty much invalidated when you're watching something in widescreen. If you do want to fiddle with the geometry, make sure it's in widescreen mode!

:thumbsup:

3. devilhimselfff

devilhimselfff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HELP
    Hi
    I will like some help on the New 29" Philips Pixel Plus 2 TV that I bought.
    The problem is that the Picture is curved at the Bottom only, I have tried to fix it by going into the Service Menu but no luck. The Picture is bent like a bow towards the ground from the edges and it seems to be a bit inwards. The fault is especially more appreciate with scrolls that run at the bottom (Like some News Channels etc)
    anyone do let me know what to do, I got a 100Hz Philips Tele first got it replaced with another 100Hz Tele, both had the same problem then I got this Pixel Plus 2 tele, and it too has the same problem
    The picture quality on this tele is top notch , but the Gemetry Problem is not cool. What to do, should I get rid of the Philips altogether ? but what to get that matches the same quality in 29" ?
    Anyways the model number is Philips Pixel Plus 2 "29PT9421/56R".