Philips 32PW6518 - 'leaking' sound from TV channel when on AV Input

N

Noswar

Hi,

When watching DVDs (via the SCART socket) I can here faint, but audiable sounds from the TV receiver (what ever channel was selected before playing the DVD). This is particularly annoying during quiet moments in a film when the dialogue from the TV channel is very clear.

I tend to have the volume between 50 and 60 when playing DVDs.

I have been advised that this may be 'cross-talk' due to a poor quality SCART cable. However, if I remove the SCART cable from TV completely (i.e. no input from an AV source) and still keep the set on AV1 I can still hear sound from the TV receiver.
Have I got a duff set?

Thanks,

Paul.

Noswar said:
Hi,

When watching DVDs (via the SCART socket) I can here faint, but audiable sounds from the TV receiver (what ever channel was selected before playing the DVD). This is particularly annoying during quiet moments in a film when the dialogue from the TV channel is very clear.

I tend to have the volume between 50 and 60 when playing DVDs.

I have been advised that this may be 'cross-talk' due to a poor quality SCART cable. However, if I remove the SCART cable from TV completely (i.e. no input from an AV source) and still keep the set on AV1 I can still hear sound from the TV receiver.
Have I got a duff set?

Thanks,

Paul.

I know it's a bodge but before switching to the AV input try selecting an unused prog position.........one that does not have a channel tuned to it.

Hi,

I have the same problem after buying my Humax Fox2-T freeview box, i get slight inaudible sound coming from the tv channel. I too switched to a blank channel before i switch on the freeview box and it now seems ok.

When watching DVDs turn the TV sound down to minimum :thumbsup: works great :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom