1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

philips 32PW6515

Discussion in 'TVs' started by jawa, Mar 14, 2002.

1. jawa

jawa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Does anybody know if this TV has the same problems (such as geometry) as the 28PW6515??

I have read on these forums that apparently the 32PW6515 doesn't have the problems that the 28" version does, which is weird!

Can anybody confirm that the 32" version is ok? I wanted to get eh 28" version as it looks fantastic and has a nice remote and good picture. However, the poor geometry in 4:3 and 14:9 mode has put me right off.....I have not noticed the problems of pixcelation on the right hand side of the picture yet though......

My other choice will be a 28" or 32" pany PL1.

Thanks for any help.

2. rob_w

rob_w

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello

i`ve got a pw6515 32" and am not a happy bunny- geometry is cak and its been back to engineers twice (so far)......

am waiting for offer of replacement set or refund..

look out for bowing at bottom of screen, blurring in corners, bowing on edges of 4:3 picture, and "fishbowl" distortion on 1" strip down right hand side of screen.

apparently there are some ok ones, so make sure you check out the actual one you buy!

cheers
    robwells