Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Philips 32pw6506 Service Menu help

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by AndyZetec, Feb 17, 2003.

1. AndyZetec

AndyZetec
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Had the service menu active on my Philips 32pw6506 (SAM displayed on screened), but my mate came in and pressed the top buttons on the set (vol up/down and ch up/down):eek: SDM became displayed and now the volume isnt active below 24, some functions on the remote dont work and a lot of the options in the normal menu are missing (delta volume, rotation etc basically ones that arent there on the lower models). L01EF1 3.6 is now displayed in the SDM menu, but dont know how to change it back. Anyone one have any ideas? would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Andy

2. AndyZetec

AndyZetec
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No-one not know of a site that would have the default values in the Service Menu, or even have the same model and know the settings? Can't even watch tv now as the sound hss gone all screwy :suicide:

3. thenuskot

thenuskot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Andy

Have you solved your pb with your TV service mode? I got exactly the same pb. the screen shows SDM mode, with L01EF1 3.6 on the top left. part of the remote buttons don't work (change channel and standby).

I've found this site, but I can't get much out of it.
    http://home.tiscali.nl/m.majoor/tv__matchline_service_mode.htm

Any help to solve this pb much appreciated.

:lease:

4. GeekGalore

GeekGalore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is there anyone out there who could have the solution to this problem?
    I'm experiencing the same difficulties. Featues like AVL and Delta Volume just disappeared and my tv isn't able to install certain channels on my tv.
    It's like something turned the tv into some default factory mode without the additional features of the tv itself.

5. aekostas

aekostas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Have you tried contacting Philips?

6. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    About three years ago there were a few posts requesting codes for the Service Menu and warnings of using them. Philips Service Menu is quite a dangerous area to enter (see my post below from that time).

As far as I remember only a Philips engineer can remedy this, and it's difficult for them. Sorry I can't give any more help, you must be frantically trying everything.

12-10-2005, 12:41 PM #2
    Cynthia 7

Since I have a Philips 36PW9618 myself I copied down some service codes that someone had once listed on this forum. I've never had necessity to go into the service menu so I can't say if they work. Do take great care as apparently you can really muck up your set and it then requires a dealer to put it right.

These are the codes: 062596 and then the i button (also known as OSD or STATUS button). Message "dealer" should appear. Other codes are: 0162596 0362596 0462596 0762596 0862596.

I copied this down from a member of this forum, hagbard, from 15.9.2003. The tv in question then was the 32PW9534. I think the PW relates to the chassis so it should work for you too. Make a note of your previous settings whatever you do. Good luck."