1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 32pw6322 horizontal lines

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by mzafar, Sep 16, 2002.

1. mzafar

mzafar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone

This is my first post here after been recommended by a close friend who is also a member here.

I've had my philips for the last 3 years or so. Firstly i don't have an extended warrently hence i'am hoping my problem isn't a major one. Also i've contacted philips, they are most proparly the biggest monkeys when it comes down to costumer service/ technical support. They have only one thing to say and thats contact your local dealer... man that sucks. I wanted an idea of what the possible problems could be but i guess they are only good for supporting toasters etc.

PROBLEM:

The philips is showing up faint horizontal lines at 2 inches apart and sometimes 1 inch apart. These are more visable when the picture is dark also with teletext. Same problem with video and dvd.

What do i do:

These lines have become more visable during the last 6mths. Is it a tube problem or something. If so, i guess i need to get rid of it?

Also:

Whats the service menu? Can i fix this problem via that?

Thanx

Mobeen

2. smallman28

smallman28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same thing happen to a Phillips set that I had,the same model as you I think but in a 24" version and I didnt bother trying to find out what it was as the set was purchased as an exdisplay for £100 and lasted me a couple of years.
    I gave it away to someone at work and they still have it and say that the lines have gone on it now,dont quite know what to make of that!

3. smallman28

smallman28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    And no they haven't gone cause he had it fixed either!
    Just thought I would get that one in before someone else!