1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 32PW6006

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jerkyboy, Sep 23, 2002.

1. jerkyboy

jerkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone got one of these TV;s that actually works with an RGB input.

I have returned two with the dreaded dark/ghosting fault via RGB.

Its a great set, but I cant believe Philips are allowing so many dogs to leave the factory.

2. joecool

joecool
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have this problem of which i have posted before. the weird thing is my philips itv digital set top box has a perfect picture thru rgb but my playstation2 thru rgb is way too dark and unwatchable. I have also tried a venturer dvd player which was also way too dark. I will have to try borrow some more items to check if they have the same problem.

3. electrolyte

electrolyte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,077
    I have a 28PW6006 and it works fine with RGB sources. Sky Digital looks really bright and sharp in RGB. Sorry to hear about your problems - I am very happy with my set at the moment.

My set has had two problems with it though unrelated to RGB - one was a very small geometry problem which I eventually solved via the service menu. The second was a sound interference problem which took Comet 4 weeks to fix. Now that both these things are fixed am very happy with the sound and picture quality (Saving Private Ryan on C5 the other night looked superb)