philips 32PFL9632D sky SD lines???

welsh-andy

just took delivery of the 32PFL9632D connected xbox360 and was awesome, the picture quality was 2nd to none(of all sets ive seen) forza looks out of this world.
but probs come when i use sky(sd) ive got arwful vertical lines through the screen,looks like corrugated cardboard,:rotfl: thats how pronounced it is, ive played with settings and have sorted it a ickle,but its still there and annoying.
ive changed scart leads, even tried swapping sockets but to no avail

lines seem to be evenly spaced at round 3mm approx, and its edge to edge

dvd playback is ok for a cheap dvd player
so where my prob?

King Louis

Have you not got anything you can hook up with Hdmi, or even component to see if it realy is the panel or the connection.

Do you get the same problem using the sets own tuner?

welsh-andy

Have you not got anything you can hook up with Hdmi, or even component to see if it realy is the panel or the connection.

Do you get the same problem using the sets own tuner?

using component on 360 and is perfect,aint got freeview down ere so use sky, all i can think of is scart interference

King Louis

It does seem to point that way. You're just using cheap standard scarts I take it.

welsh-andy

It does seem to point that way. You're just using cheap standard scarts I take it.

yeah,gona buy a decent lead later, any ideas,at least that shud narrow it down,if thats same then it seems like a scart scoket prob

welsh-andy

right just got my new thor scart, has made it better for sure,but them lines r still there:thumbsdow
think of a thin brown stripey wallpaper:eek::rotfl:
wont come out on the cam sadly,but tis annoying,although a lot fainter now added the new thor lead, so what could be causing it, dvd is fine,xbox360 is fine. so im stumped

DSC00138.jpg

gmp

First thing is not to worry too much as your not first with this problem. If you do some searches you'll find others experience as I had it about 18months ago when I got a new Sammy screen. It literally looked like transparant corrugated cardboard across screen when viewing sky only. All other inputs via component/other scarts/hdmi fine. At time mine and others problems were down to some kind of interference being generated by sky box which didn't show up on previous CRT's and even older LCD's. I had a thomson sky box which when changed for an Amstrad cured problem immediately. I like others phoned sky and said box going on blink and reassured them all other inputs working fine. Luckily my box still under warranty at that time and engineer had never seen problem before. He just tried an Amstrad box (now in loft as gone for HD) and problem cured immediately.

welsh-andy

First thing is not to worry too much as your not first with this problem. If you do some searches you'll find others experience as I had it about 18months ago when I got a new Sammy screen. It literally looked like transparant corrugated cardboard across screen when viewing sky only. All other inputs via component/other scarts/hdmi fine. At time mine and others problems were down to some kind of interference being generated by sky box which didn't show up on previous CRT's and even older LCD's. I had a thomson sky box which when changed for an Amstrad cured problem immediately. I like others phoned sky and said box going on blink and reassured them all other inputs working fine. Luckily my box still under warranty at that time and engineer had never seen problem before. He just tried an Amstrad box (now in loft as gone for HD) and problem cured immediately.

well im not subscribed no more so unlikely 2 get a new box,lolol. but with some tips i got have faded it quite a bit,like rbg and scart control and that thor really helped. maybe have 2 go looking for a new sky box on egay me thinks,lol

Highpeakrider

sounds like a perfect excuse to get SKY HD.

Mine is fine on SKY HD, even on SCART the PQ was OK.

Beware of an HDMI issue where you loose the HD signal.
philips aware and changes due mid OCT, however no issues on component.

Ask SKY for a new box????

Cheers

Phil

welsh-andy

not up for sky HD yet,not enuff channels atm tbh. cant use conponent as me 360 is using that:thumbsup:
tis an amazing set,even wiv the niggles, mainly bought for the 360 and soon ps3,although will hold off for that until the hdmi is sorted:smashin:

welsh-andy

did the firmware upgrade and nuffin changed,still them bloody lines:suicide:

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom