Philips 32PFL9632D, Help!!

Chrispy2

Standard Member
I am all set to order the Sony KDL-32D3000 tm morning for £600, having just about decided on it over the Panasonic TX-32LXD85, then I come across the Philips 32PFL9632D for £650. :suicide:

The Philips 32PFL9632D seems to have had some very good reviews and beat the Sony in avreview.co.uk's group test. I haven't read much about it elsewhere though. Should I be thinking about paying an extra £50 for this or should I stick with the Sony?:lease:

YellowSphere

Novice Member
The Philips has slightly better SD performance and also the ambilight feature, but overall, I'd say the D3000 is the better set.

Chrispy2

Standard Member
Thanks, that's very unhelpful though! :eek: Because it is mainly SD viewing I will be doing on it! :suicide: Oh blimey, what to do! Do you know anything of the motion handling on both sets? Is one better than tother? That could seal the deal as main use will be SD Sports viewing (footy and cricket), upscaled DVD's and PS3 Gaming, plus blu rays and maybe HD TV in the future. Thanks a lot! :)

Chrispy2

Standard Member
That thread made my mind up. As the Sony appears more reliable and the two are pretty much level on quality I went with the Sony. All done and dusted, should arrive this week. I hope it was a wise move to get that over the newer Panny LXD85. I looked at the Sony in M&S and it seemed as though the characters in films (on freeview and old ones) were standing in front of the screen and that the screen was displaying an out of focus background. However, I think fiddling with the settings would resolve that (I changed Motion Focus from High to Standard which made it a bit better - I'm sure I could have made it less real/studio effect if I had changed some more). I look forward to playing with it - menus are simple enough! :clap:

Zub

in my opinion, for watching movies/sd the Philips will be amazing especially with the ambilight. If you are going to game, look elsewhere as the philips seem to have problems with input lag.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom