Philips 32pfl7862d/10 V Sony Kdl-32s3000

C

Chipperpeck

These tv's are about the same price but the phillips has 100hz... which is better?

I would take Philips...I have it and happy with it. Only 32" Sony to buy is D3000, but that is more expensive.

ye the D3000 is out of my pricerange...

How is the phillips on freeview or sky?? Also is there any blur atall when watching sports as that is my main concern.

Just got the Philips today.
Installation was a breeze.Picture quality is excellent on sky and i can see no bluring at all.Connected my 360 up,outputting at 1080i and was blown away with the detail.
Just need to try the dvd now and will do tomorrow when i get a new one with hdmi connection.
This set on the Philips site is going for £999.00,cant see anyone paying that when you can get em for £499.00.
Extremely pleased with this.

Have u seen any fast moving sport on it? if your not busy match of the day is on on bbc one i think :)

If it looks good ill buy it :thumbsup:

£499 is a bargain

Just watched some football and it looks ok to me.
These are selling out quite quickly,i had to go the the next town to get one and 2 were sold while i was there.

Ty for your help :)

Ill probably go down to comet tommorow and see if they have some in stock. I know a guy who works there so i may even get a 10% discount. :clap:

Just been on the comet website and i can get one delivered on Monday the 14th. at 6pm so no need to take time off :(

Thanks!

went to comet today to see it in person and it looks brill, they had it next the 100hz samsung and it looked 10x better unfortunatley they had none in stock, but comet in the nearest town had two so ill probs buy pretty soon :thumbsup:

Two days with the Philips now and the only thing ive had to do is to turn the dynamic contrast off.With it on,the backlight seems to change all the time,it goes a little darker then lighter,then darker then lighter,its just annoying.
Bought a Panasonic S53 dvd player today so i could connect it up to the hdmi input,set it to 576 progressive,and wow,what a picture,so clear.

The tv has a digital sound output,when i connect my cable to this and then to the amp i only get pro logic and not 5.1.I have to connect the cable to the dvd player and then to the amp to get the full 5.1.
In the handbook for the tv it says connect the cable from the tv to the amp and not from the dvd player to get the best match of image and sound on screen but doing it this way i get no 5.1 surround.Could this be due to the hdmi connection?

Thanks for the tip Tagman, I just purchased this set yesterday and thought the dynamic contrast/back lighting was a problem with the set, I nearly took it back. Will turn it off when I get home tonight.

Very pleased with the SD picture, better than the Sony KDLW2000 I have, also not noticed any kind of buzzing on this model.

Excellent menus for setting up the TV to the picture format you like, very good sound and looks the business.

Remote control seems to need a hard button press.

Need to try a HD signal and my x360 tonight, will report more asap.

Currently a good deal from Comet at £499 and managed to get £17 quid co from collect from store.

Hi,

Does anyone know the difference(s) between the Philips 32pfl7862d and the 32pfl9632d? To me it only seems to be the ambilight and the 'perfect pixel' technology but if the 7862 can be had for £499 that seems to be a bargain compared to around £650 for the 9632.

Many thanks,
Matt

The 9632 has ambilight and i think full 1080p and it looks slightly diffrent when you see it in the shop. I had a look at the 9632 also and the screen seems brighter and sharper than the 7862.

But the 7862 is still a really good tv :thumbsup:

Hi,

Does anyone know the difference(s) between the Philips 32pfl7862d and the 32pfl9632d? To me it only seems to be the ambilight and the 'perfect pixel' technology but if the 7862 can be had for £499 that seems to be a bargain compared to around £650 for the 9632.

Many thanks,
Matt

I'm actually pretty convinced they are the same set, minus the ambilight. You can even feel a slight ridge on the rear of the 7862 where the ambilights are fitted on the 9632. I'm not sure of the technical difference if any, between Pixel Plus 2 HD and Perfect Pixel, but I was unable to see any difference in the picture between the two sets.

Contrary to what has been reported in other threads, the 7862 does have Clear LCD 100Hz, the same as the 9632.

Your only problem is going to be finding one in stock now, as all the Comets in Dorset and West Hampshire are out of stock today, as I was tring to find one for a friend who was impressed with mine.

Good Luck, I think it is worth tracking one down, but remember that you need to update the firmware using a USB stick to get it to work with Sky HD.

Ashley

I've just had the 32PFL7962 (with Ambi-Light) delivered today. First off, the quality of the TV is fantastic, lovely looks, great gloss black finish....

Picture quality is good. I won't say fantastic. With HD stuff it looks brilliant, Xbox 360 for example is crisp & true - Colours are excellent in my book & the output is superb.

SD sources are average I would say. Like nearly every LCD I've viewed they just don't quite cut the mustard. Don't get me wrong, from a decent distance, its pretty damn good. Also remember that the quality changes between channels greatly.

Audio. Audio on this set is fantastic! Honestly its one of the best Audio's I've heard as standard on a TV set.

Ambi-Light. Love it. Its a gimmick, but honest to god its nice to have.

Problems.............so far minimal. I have a fair amount of back light bleed on my set, which from what I understand is not uncommon with Philips Tv's. Not sure what I will do yet, for the majority of TV viewing I'm doing I don't think it would bother me - I just know its there now.

How bad is backlight bleed? WOuld you guys get a replacement set if you noticed it?

Finally got this set :thumbsup: can someone please post what settings they are using ty.

My settings for the Philips

Contrast 85
Brightness 55
Colour 60
Sharp 2
Tint normal
Pixel plus on
Hd natural motion minimum
100 hz on
Dynamic contrast off
Noise reduction medium
Mpeg reduction on
Colour enhancment minimum
Active control on
light sensor off
Picture format auto

Also have the latest firmware off the Philips website

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom