Philips 32PFL7562D lcd - anybody any reviews?

dougiew

Standard Member
Reaction score
Thinking of the Philips 32PFL7562D LCD TV but can't find reviews anywhere? (except German, French & Italian!) Comet say it's just in and no reviews available yet but some of the foreign reviews are quite old. Anybody got one yet and able to comment? :lease:

Is that the new one? I must confess I'm totally confused by model numbers, and with ranges changing seemingly twice a year for each manufacturer I don't know if I'm looking at this or last year's technology when browsing thru the ads.

Why cant they call it the Philips Maureen-X1 or something??

Thinking of the Philips 32PFL7562D LCD TV but can't find reviews anywhere? (except German, French & Italian!) Comet say it's just in and no reviews available yet but some of the foreign reviews are quite old. Anybody got one yet and able to comment? :lease:
I saw this model a couple time and i can say that this is one of the best choice in this LCD segment. I will test this model in future days, so maybe i make some reviews. The main benefits of this model are Pixel Plus 2HD, Digital Natural Motion, greit LCD panels (superb colors and contrast), and also USB (you can play mp3, jpeg, MPEG and also update firmware via USB). :smashin:

Is that the new one? I must confess I'm totally confused by model numbers, and with ranges changing seemingly twice a year for each manufacturer I don't know if I'm looking at this or last year's technology when browsing thru the ads.
New models for year 2007/2008 have number 2 on the end, so this is new model. Models for year 2006/2007 have no. 1 on the end.
And the first number behind PF (or PFL/PFP for new models) dictate class..
5 - mainstream
7 - middle class
9 - top class
So this is 32PFL7562D - new middle class. (D on the end mean integrated DVB-T)

We needed a new TV for the bedroom but as an owner of a Panasonic TH42PX60 PLASMA in the lounge I was very nervous and sceptical about buying LCD technology when in the past it had some nasty motion blurring etc.

HOWEVER - after a demo in the local RicherSounds I walked away with a nice shiney Philips 32PFL7562D LCD (well done again RicherSounds Leeds for brilliant service !!)

Its an incredible picture and IMHO worth every penny of the £650 that I paid.

It has 2 HDMI connections (important for me)
Good sound
Wonderful picture
Built-in freeview DVB-T receiver
Nice design (important for the wife !!)
PC connector

I also bought this model, but i will only have it on thursday. Where can i find reviews and tips about the best settings?

Just took delivery of the Philips 32PFL7562D yesterday. No complaints so far. Great picture & sound and the USB port is very good for photos, music videos etc. £599 from Empire Direct. :thumbsup:

How are you going to calibrate it?

Where can i get settings tips for this tv?

Got this TV about a week ago for the bargain price of £400 thanks to a massive discount as a result of an earlier **** up by Viking. Bonus.

Ignoring the price though, the TV is extremely feature packed but I'm not overly enamoured with the picture. I can't seem to settle on a setting that makes the screen bright enough without compromising the contrast. I'd be interested in hearing what settings people who own this TV have theirs set to, for optimal viewing.

Also, the digital motion feature makes movies look like they were filmed on the cheap using soap-opera style cameras.

The actual set itself though, looks excellent.

Does anyone have this tv?
I´m having some problems calibrating it.
Are there other owners? Any settings sugestions?

Hello everyone... Here in Portugal, i had looked this model (Philips 7562) and it´s very good in freeview, but i made some changes in the parameters... I turn off the dynamic contrast and low the brigthness... The Lcd looks very good and i´ll buy it....

But i have a few doubts... If i turn off the dynamic contrast (4000:1), which contrast i have now??? Dynamic contrast is one thing but real contrast is another??? Whow much is the real contrast???

Sorry about my poor English.... I hope you understand...:hiya:

Hello everyone... Here in Portugal, i had looked this model (Philips 7562) and it´s very good in freeview, but i made some changes in the parameters... I turn off the dynamic contrast and low the brigthness... The Lcd looks very good and i´ll buy it....

But i have a few doubts... If i turn off the dynamic contrast (4000:1), which contrast i have now??? Dynamic contrast is one thing but real contrast is another??? Whow much is the real contrast???

Sorry about my poor English.... I hope you understand...:hiya:

Hi Eduardo.
Given that the Philips screen is a IPS one (not even S-IPS, becaue it only has 176º viewing angle), the real contrast should be something like 500:1. The new Panasonic has the best IPS panel, and even that set only has 650:1 real contrast.
Did you realise that on every Philips leaflets, that TV is listed as 7500:1 dynamic contrast? I never cleary understood that, given that on the sticker in front of the TV it says 4000:1.
You can see the leaflet here (the values are the same for the other languages):
http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/3/32pfl7562d_10/32pfl7562d_10_pss_eng.pdf

Had this Philips for about two weeks now and no complaints at all. Just adjusted the contrast and brightness to personal settings and it's fine. I actually find that the freeview picture is even better than the one through my Sky box but that's probably a Sky signal thing? Would recommend this set to anyone. Notice Richer Sounds have it now for £699 but they do a price match so you'd get it for £599 probably? (Empire Direct £599) Richers also do 5 years warranty for 10% of total price so that would be a great deal. :)

Hello guys,

I am planning to buy this LCD TV but I noticed that it is not equipped with DSUB to connect it to PC (I would like to use this TV mainly to watch HD x264 rips from PC).
So the only possibility to connect this tv to pc is to use DVI-HDMI cable (I have GeForce 6800Ultra with 2 DVI outputs). Is it going to work? Because I read, that e.g. Samsung LCD TV does not support dvi-hdmi conecction from pc and they say it also in the manual that it is not gonna work.

Thanx for help.

hello mojma... I think it work and i think that´s the way to connect the pc to lcd (DVI-HDMI)... Check out the site of Philips and see the file pdf on the first page of the Lcd 7562D... That says the lcd accepts pc format but only 1024x728 resolution...

http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/3/37pfl7562d_10/37pfl7562d_10_pss_aen.pdf

If the way to connect de pc to Lcd isn´t the cable DVI-HDMI, so i don´t what it is...

Hello everyone... Saturday i received my Lcd but have a problem... the display have a vertical risk (you can see on the pics)... They´ll bring another next week....

These are some pictures that i took today:

DVD

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/6040/matrixiws5.jpg

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/1070/matrixiiae7.jpg

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/8712/matrixiiihn3.jpg

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/3430/matrixivda1.jpg

SD (Fergusson´s satellite receiver)

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/4516/sporttvxt6.jpg

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/4355/foxiwa2.jpg

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/950/csiaxnzc6.jpg

I would like that you comment mt pics and give your opinion (advices)...

is it possible to conect a laptop to this tv when a laptop dont have dvi?
i'd like to buy this set and use it also as a second monitor but dont have dvi is there any other possibility without loosing picture quality, for example using some connectors?
plzzzzz:lease:

i seen this set in comet today looked very impressive on HD and SD freeview, the freeview connection was shared with loads of other tvs but it still looke impressive. thinking of getting this or the panasonic TX-32LMD70

I just saw this in richer sounds running lord of the rings from sd dvd, I was very impressed it clearly stood out from all the other 32"s on display. Im considering the purchase but have a few concerns I would really appreciate it if some of you guys can help me clear them up.

1) No VGA port... will i be able to use the screens native resolution with my PC via hdmi (my pc has hdmi out) I am concerned as I know a lot of LCDs only support standard resolutions through hdmi 480p 720p, 1080i yada yada I want to use the full 1366 x 768.

2) No VGA port (again) Ive seen xbox 360's running through component and have found it really shows up the jaggies on some LCDs where as VGA gives a softer nicer (imo) picture. I know this isnt always the case and was wondering what it looked like through component any pics would be appreciated.

3) Motion smear.... ive read a few reviews stating it suffers from it, how bad is it? is it terribly distracting when watching movies or playing games?

Thanks guys

I just saw this in richer sounds running lord of the rings from sd dvd, I was very impressed it clearly stood out from all the other 32"s on display. Im considering the purchase but have a few concerns I would really appreciate it if some of you guys can help me clear them up.

1) No VGA port... will i be able to use the screens native resolution with my PC via hdmi (my pc has hdmi out) I am concerned as I know a lot of LCDs only support standard resolutions through hdmi 480p 720p, 1080i yada yada I want to use the full 1366 x 768.

2) No VGA port (again) Ive seen xbox 360's running through component and have found it really shows up the jaggies on some LCDs where as VGA gives a softer nicer (imo) picture. I know this isnt always the case and was wondering what it looked like through component any pics would be appreciated.

3) Motion smear.... ive read a few reviews stating it suffers from it, how bad is it? is it terribly distracting when watching movies or playing games?

Thanks guys

Hello blimmer... I have this Lcd and i like it very much (i know that are betters, but more expensives...) About your questions i can only help you on the first... The maximum resolution you can get on this Lcd in a computer format is 1024x768 and i think the only way to connect it is a HDMI-DVI cable (not sure if it´s the only way)...

I already connect a PS3 to my Lcd via HDMI cable and the image is superb... Now about the component connection i can´t tell it....

Any questions, that i can help, just shoot....

PS-» That pictures that i posted was whith the Lcd broken, but i have the new one already, and i think that the image better than the other...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom