1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 32PF9986 VGA to Component query

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by alasdair, Oct 9, 2004.

1. alasdair

alasdair

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Philips have sent me out a component to VGA cable as my replacement 9986 did not come with one.

However I cannot get anything to work with the cable they supplied.

The cable they sent has a VGA connection at one and and is connected to 3 different coloured leads.
    However these leads end in connections that are coded red, white and yellow BUT all the component connections on my machines are coloured red, blue and green.

This makes me wonder if they have sent me the wrong cable; can another 9986 owners confirm the the VGA to component connection colours ?

I have tried all the possible (i think) permutations of the red, white and yellow to the red, blue and green connections and have had no success

Any advice gratefully received !!

2. chunkymunky

chunkymunky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Same problem here mate. I even bought a far better quality cable from Best Stuff before the genuine Philips offering turned up today to no avail. Can't get rid of the bloody blue screen. Doesn't look as though these sets support component after all! Has anybody out there had any success with this connection?

3. Jimbo73

Jimbo73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    That sounds suspiciously like a composite+L&R audio cable to me...

4. alasdair

alasdair

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I was thinking along those lines too Jimbo !!!

Would be nice if any owners of the relaunched machine (and I think there are a few of them around here) have the same cable as me (red, white & yellow) or have correctly coloured composite cables AND can get them to work