1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

philips 32pf9986 use scart? or DVI?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by dmoggie, Aug 4, 2004.

1. dmoggie

dmoggie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

Ive just brought a pioneer 575 DVD player and Im very happy with the picture.

I was 1 of the first people to have this great LCD and spent most of the first 3 weeks playing with all the settings to get the best picture, so I would like to get the same from the DVD player and use progressive scan.

The engineers came around a month ago and changed the plastic clips (early owers will know what I mean)

Because I had my set early it didnt come with the component-VGA cable only a HDMI-DVI convertor, so will my set be able to receive pro scan through its DVI? im not sure if all set can or this was something that philips added after the recall.

Also like to know any Component-VGA cables other owners have found to work well.

2. jdl

jdl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Your set is from the first wave and does not have the updated software in order to accept progressive scan signals.
    Contact Philips to guide you how to upgrade your tv.
    Anyway with this tv your first choise should be the RGB Scart.

3. idhutt

idhutt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did you consider a DVD player equipped with HDMI or DVI before you decided upon the 575? If you've already got DVI/HDCP input on the 9986, it would,IMO, be more logical to me to use a digital feed from a half decent DVI/HDMI player rather than stick with analogue of some form.

4. dmoggie

dmoggie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wasnt to sure if it needed a firmware update or not, thank you. I will contact Philips tomorrow.

I have read that the features on this set are deisgned for RGB input, but as I havent seen it with DVI inputs I wanted to get some feedback off other users.

After reading a few different DVD player reviews and demos I went for the pioneer 575 as for its price nothings close. Did look at a samsung with DVI output but it lacked features and the pioneer with DVI is expensive and the picture just isnt that good!