Philips 32pf9986 recall

C

Cheenis

Hello,

Does anybody know why Philips are replacing the 32pf9986 for those of us who bought it early?

Must admit I can't complain with the service from Philips regarding this screen since they have efficiently dealt with any issues without question. However, I am curious as to what the fault is that has caused the replacement and the further 12 months guarentee on the replacement screens.

Thanks for any info,

Chris.

There was a risk of fire due to the cables for the ambilighting potentially being crushed. The recall was to check and reroute the cables if necessary.

There was also some issues with the ambilights affecting the remote controller. Not sure if this was ever resolved.

-Ian

Cheers for the reply Ian, much appreciated.

I thought that was what they fixed last time. Since owning the set they have come around, taken the back off and taped up the wires which power the ambilight - this was because the gap that they had to slip the wires through was too tight so on some sets the jacket has been shreaded (hence the risk of shorting out the fuse/ fire).

Since then I have had a letter stating that they have found a fault, corrected it and would like to give me a new set and a new 12 month guarentee (fantastic). I figured that this would be a different fault (maybe I am wrong here).

I've not had any problems with the remote, although I have heard that people are.

My wife has just taken delievery of the new set and says that she reckons that the picture quality is even better, so God knows what they have done, but it's all good.

My next hope is that they have fixed the issue that won't allow you to set up a PC using the full screen (get 43 pixels either side that aren't used). Looks like a night in playing with the settings on powerstrip for me - how sad!

Unless anybody else has heard other reasons for recall, I will assume it was the old problem.

Cheers,

Chris.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom