1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 32PF9986 & HK avr230

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by dmoggie, Jun 20, 2004.

1. dmoggie

dmoggie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, Having changed my mind again! I have set my sights on a Harman Kardon AVR230.

Iam now confussed as to how to connect this reciever to my set as it appears to have component outputs and my tv only has scart and a DVI inputs.

I will also purchase the matching DVD player which again has a component outputs for progressive scan.

How can I connect equipment? Can I use component-scart leads or could I take advantage of the DVI input?

How does the progressive scan option on my set work? via the scarts? or DVI?

2. dmoggie

dmoggie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone give me some guidance coz Ive got the home cinema bug and wanna get ordering!

3. idhutt

idhutt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apparently the Phillips will have progressive component via the DVI input - needs a service center fitted firmware upgrade available sometime in the future. Search the posts here to find out more.

It would be polite for Phillips to fit this foc given the recall issue.

-Ian

4. dmoggie

dmoggie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I really am confussed now.

Could this be done when my engineer comes out to see me, in 6 weeks time!

Have had a good look and I cant find any component-dvi leads. as the dvd player and reciever are progressive scan via component output

5. dmoggie

dmoggie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right ive just read the manual again.Could i use a component- vga cable, using the supplied adaptor? If the firmware was updated so the dvi input could recieve progressive scan signal would I be able to take advantage of a DVD player with progressive scan???

Please help as I dont really know what im on about.

Im halfway through my install (holes in wall) and before the plaster comes on thursday I would like to have all the necessary cables in place.