1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 32PF9986 - digital options

Discussion in 'Philips TVs Forum' started by ianmidz, Dec 6, 2004.

Tags:
  1. ianmidz

ianmidz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can any 32PF9986 owners tell me if pixel pus 2 can be used with dvds playing through the dvi port either as component or digital. I have been told pixel plus 2 only works with scart. Is the correct?
    I really would like to find out before ordering- and of course the shop have NO idea

2. year_77

year_77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You need to choose between either PP2 or Progressive Scan on the TV-setup.

3. jdl

jdl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Well there is not a straight answer to your question, but i will try to make it a little bit more clear.
    The two main algorithms Pixel Plus 2 and the Digital Natural Motion are both 100% active when the signal comes from : RF, Composite, S-Video and RGB Scart.
    Now when you feed the television with progressive scan siglals through its DVI-I input what algorithm is active depents from the resolution of the incoming signals.
    For start the detection for the black bars is disable (the programm that gives you various screen sizes) and the Digital Natural Motion algorithm is again tottaly disabled for all the resolutions (480p,576p,720p,1080i).
    Pixel plus 2 is still active (but not in full power, imagine the 75% of its features are still on but not all of them so lets say yes its active) for the 480p,576p and 1080i resolutions, for the 720p the Pixel Plus 2 is tottaly disabled.
    Conclusion: best run 1080i or 576p avoid the 720p.
    Hope tha helped.

4. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    When you finally get your set to work on component feed, you will find that the PP2 does work. You have a choice of Progressive Scan or PP2. The Pro Scan is OK, but slightly too soft. The PP2 sharpens things up a treat. Personal preferences and the type of media being viewed may make either suitable.

Jimmy