1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

philips 32PF9986 component query

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by asibley, Jan 3, 2005.

1. asibley

asibley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi ,

I am seriously considering the philips 32PF9986 lcd panel.

I have one question though. My dvd player outputs component video as does at wireless media player. In the future when hi def arrives no doubt component output will also be supported.

Therefore I will have three component outputs to try and connect to the panel. How will this work? I know to get component to the tv you have to use the component->vga->dvi connector suplied but what about additonal component connections (Why Philips didn't include component and dvi I'll never know). Would a component video switcher be needed similiar to the ones for scart or would it be better to upgrade to an amp that supports multiple component video import?

Why Philips didn't include component and dvi I'll never know.

Cheers

Anthony.

2. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Bit of a boob by Philips really.

Anyway, yes to all your questions! Except that the HiDef feed will probably be directly through the DVI via an HDMI adapter. This of course means that the DVI socket will be tied up with that. So, yup, you'll need a switcher of some sort, be it a Home Cinema Amp or another independent switcher. We'll all be in a similar quandry shortly.

Jimmy