1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 32PF9976 or Toshiba 32WL48

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Damian1978, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Damian1978

Damian1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +265
    Hi all!

Tried the 32WL48 the other week. I reckon I got a duffer (see other thread).

Been looking at these two now. I can't get another Toshiba for a while but was wondering if the Philips was any better as it has a very similar spec (DVI with HDCP instead of HDMI) but has an 800:1 contrast ratio and nice glass desktop stand.

I sort of still want to give the LCD route a try rather than the plasma one so I'd entertain another Toshiba if it was better than my last.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Damian :)

2. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Damian,

The 9976 is very closely related to the awesome 9986. It has the same screen, the same connectivity and most of the same features. The main differences between the two are that the 9976 doen't have the Ambilight or PixelPlus2. (It has PP1)

So, a very capable TV with current state of the art specs. Quite possibly the dark horse in the LCD market. Pretty too....

Jimmy

3. Damian1978

Damian1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +265
    Thanks.

I've just read through the manual though and it does'nt have a seperate component input, its all done through the DVI socket.

Doh!