Philips 32PF9976 LCD ~ A few questions...

justtourin1

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, a week or so ago I purchased a Philips 32PF9976. Generally pleased with it with a few exceptions.
Firstly, when watching sky and then turn over to say terrestrial BBC1 you can hear, oh so quietly the Sky vocabulary running in the back ground.
Any suggestions what that could be, is this just a faulty scart?
Secondly, if watching a TV program the sound is fine, then an advert comes on which has a bit of bass, there is vibration coming from the back of the TV ~ can anyone advise what the optimum sound settings are for this particular model? or suggest what this could be ?
Finally, I’ve noticed the set generally gives out a low pitch hum, which I can hear more and more as the days go by. Probably ‘cause it annoying me more than anything. No one else in the family have noticed it.

Any advice would be appreciated, before I go back to where I bought it from.

Hi,

I have the 9976 and had got Telewest going into ext1, with my DVD recorder into ext2. I too had the same sound problem where I would get a crossover feed for some reason on ext2. So I disconnected Telewest from ext1 and now I don't have the issue. I can still watch Telewest via ext2 through the dvd recorder. The picture actually seems clearer than ext1 was! I have tried a number of scart cables and the sound problem was not due to scart cable quality.

The sound on some channels/adverts/programmes does vibrate sometimes, try playing with the top two frequency options in the sound setup on the TV. Someone mentioned somewhere that if you lower the top frequency 3 notches and the second one 2 notches it gets better.

The hum, yep, mine has a slight hum, but it doesn't annoy me. The dimmer switch on my uplighter has a more annoying hum.

Cheers,
Pete.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom