1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 32PF9966

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by jankoman, Sep 25, 2005.

1. jankoman

jankoman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello!

I have now Sony V series for 2 weeks, and i am not impressed at all. Should i change it to Philips 32PF9966? As i know this model have new panel (6ms, 6000:1) and good old electronic from 9986 (PixelPlus2, ambilight), but i can't find any reviews, maybe it's not very good model, if nobody reviews it.

Thx for any info.

2. chambeaj

chambeaj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +190
    I think you will find the 32PF9986 is a 12 ms panel.

This years models...

The 32PF9820 is 10ms
    The 37PF9830 is 6ms
    The 42PF9830 is 8ms

3. anal

anal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think u mean with 32PF9820 -> 32PF9830 it has an 8ms panel

The 32PF9966 uses a 6ms (at least that's what philips claims) panel, what Jan means is that the 32PF9966 has some of the technology from the 32pf9986 (ambilight 1 and pixelplus 2)
    It's a great buy for around 1800 euro, too bad it ain't got HDMI and the only digital input (DVI) also is the VGA and Component input :thumbsdow

4. thitatil

thitatil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have anyone see any review for this TV anywhere?

5. ariomanus

ariomanus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've seen a review about the 32PF9966 in a German TV-Hifi magazine. I don't rememeber the exact summary any more, but I know they were quite satiesfied.

My impression is that Philips LCD-TVs (old 9986, 9966, 9830) have a really good picture quality with SD sources because of Pixel Plus 2. But they are not ideal for connection to a pc.

Regards
    Ariomanus

6. Caranthir

Caranthir
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I own the 32PF9966/10 (German model) for a couple of weeks now. I absolutely love it. I don't watch a lot of TV on it, mainly use it for DVD via Denon 1920 (HDMI-DVI connection). PAL TV picture is good though. DVD is absolutely amazing, I was really blown away when I first watched Gladiator on this set. I have set the Denon to 576p and the Philips at Pixel Plus 2, gives the best possible picture IMHO, with HQ mastered DVDs like Gladiator you sometimes cannot believe HD material would look any better :D Also, the Ambilight feature really improves the viewing experience, you will never want to watch without it again, trust me :thumbsup:

7. swedey

swedey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also own a 32PF9966/10. Had it about three weeks and I am really pleased with it. I have a JVC DR-M1 (component-DVI) and can only agree with Caranthir that the DVD image is superb. I know for a fact that I will not buy another TV without ambilight!

8. elgriego

elgriego

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also own the 32PF9966/10 ( ../10 stands for the European model). Has any of you tried to connect your TV to your PC via DVI or VGA. My results are very bad.

Please let me know.