1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 32PF5520D vs 32PF7520D vs 32PF9986

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Scott_Mac, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Scott_Mac

Scott_Mac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +569
    Help!

I'm confused... had pretty much decided on the 7520D as the set to buy, but reading the blurb i can't see much difference to the 5520D... is one the replacement??

The 9986, i assume is the daddy one... seems to have Pixel Plus 2 which i guess is better, however the 7520D is the only one i've seen and that had the best pic quality of any i've seen so far... so is the 9986 worth the extra.

I've found the 7520D for about £1150 delivered which i'm prepared to pay... so help, cheaper places or anything really.

Thanks in advance folks :)

2. anal

anal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Over here in The Netherlands the 32PF9966 model has just been released.
    It features Ambilight and Pixelplus 2. It currently sells for around 1900 euros.

3. benwong

benwong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I believe the 7520D has Pixel Plus 1 whilst the 5520D doesn't. These 2 models are in fact in the budget range of the Philips range at the moment; for superior PQ I'd say go for the 9986.

The 9986 is a very highly regarded screen, and if you read up about it on here you'll see what I mean!

It may be a good idea to wait a month or so until the new top of the range 9830 is released; that would reduce the price of the 9986 significantly! :smashin:

I've noticed the price of the 9986 dropping already..

Ben

4. supernova

supernova
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    benwong is right the 7520D has Pixel Plus 1 whilst the 5520D doesn't. I think thats pretty much the only difference.

I bought the 26PF5520 a week ago as a second tv and am really pleased with it.
    There is a lot of talk on this forum about the Panasonic LXD500's, but they are significantly more than the £750 I paid from a local dealer.

Also, when viewing the 5520 v 7520 and the Panasonic's LXd's side-by-side I found the 5520's picture not quite as sharp as the others, but importantly for me I found it suffered less from pixelation (caused by all the processing of the other two).

Cheers

5. Scott_Mac

Scott_Mac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +569
    Cheers folks... 9986 certainly sounds like the one to get, even if the price of it does drop though it's still going to be high!

I think the 7520D is the one to go for now though... technology is changing so damn fast there will always be a better one out there and i'll never end up buying!!! The 7520 PQ was good enough for me :)