Philips 32pf5520d Many Questions

Discussion in 'Philips TVs Forum' started by beginner, Aug 8, 2005.

Tags:
  1. beginner

beginner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I am totally new to all this but in my wisdom or lack of it I have just ordered a Philips 32PF5520D but I am a little confused now. Can anyone tell me if this is the same as the 32PF5520D/10 or is there a difference? I paid £984 for this LCD at Curry's which to be honest I think is pretty good value in my limited knowledge. The reason I bought this is purely because I'd seen it in Comet for £1299 and rang Curry's who had it for the same but they matched their online price. I had a good look at the TV and thought it was pretty good but my knowledge is limited.

Can anyone suggest a bracket that I can wall mount this with bearing in mind it will be going on to a plaster board wall (into the stud). I also need some advice on the correct scarts and if it is possible to burt these into the wall and what I can get out of this TV. If anyone can help me on any of this I would be most indebted to you.

:lease: .

2. U0011726

U0011726

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I too am on the hunt for a wall mounting solution for the 37PF5520D LCD TV. There seems to be very little in the public domain re wall mounting and Philips themselves ...............well they are as helpful as a white wall !!

It has been suggested that I purchase an FX75 bracket solution from Ergotron at £221. I'm not happy and on the hunt for a more affordable solution !

3. Cwhelan

Cwhelan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    In answer to your first question - Yes the model numbers are the same the /10 at the end confused the hell out of me for a while until I spoke to someone who confirmed they were the same.

You can wall mount the screen - I have it's baby brother the 26" version in the Kitchen & haven't decided if I am going to wall mount or stick with the desktop stand?

With regards to Scarts? how much do you want to spend? you can get a decent scart from between £30 - £50. QED are a very good make. The more expensive ones have very thick cable & if you are going to bury in the wall (which I see no problem with) make sure you get the correct length - but not too long!

Hope this helps

4. Jakus

Jakus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Went through the same Loop myself !
    was going to buy 4 lengths of Ali 1" angle and make a Custom Bracket,
    Problem solved with an Alpherson Glass Table AD3/67-LCD
    The TV fits Nicely and gives a better picture with the TV up at eye level also
    being Glass The stand is not very obtrusive + You don't have to think of a way to hide the cables that would dangle from a wall mount setup ;)