1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 32PF5520 32" LCD

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Hexager, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Hexager

Hexager

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Decided to call round the usual out of town suspects on the way home, initially collecting deals on the LG RZ32LZ50 (Currys would match the online deal at 870 but were out of stock with no date, Comet wouldn't even try to match), when I was directed to the new Philips 32PF5520 sat next to it.. . now 1299 is a fair hike in price from the LG, but I figured it was list and open to negotiation. I left it at that to go home and check some reviews.. . immediately finding a Currys online deal at 1005.

I've been searching the net and can find no info on this model and no reviews, even the Philips site doesn't mention it - although it's also on the Comet computer (although theirs was not on display). Basic differences I can see are Freeview tuner (not needed, I have lousy terrestrial reception due to local interference and use Freesat and analogue satellite for all inputs), virtual Dolby.. . Picture quality looked comparable, although I'd need to see Currys connect it to something with a decent input signal (how can any store sell a tv when the basic demo picture on all channels is degraded by poor cabling?).

Does anyone have any further info on this model, and is it worth the increase from the LG (intended use as living room tv and watching DVD/VHS movies)?

TIA