Philips 32PF5331 problem

djsteviec

Standard Member
LCD about 5 years ago. It seemed to work ok but I am experiencing two problems, the latter of which has only recently become apparent.

1. I don't know if these TVs have a small battery inside like PC's do, but every time the TV gets switched off, the time goes and any other settings such as picture adjustments revert back to default. Can anyone shed any light on this please?

2. I turned it on the other day and the picture appears very dark and looks a bit grainy with black spots over the whole area of the screen. You can still see the picture on the screen quite well and can watch it comfortably, however you do need to increase the brightness quite a bit and these black bits seem to be the cause. The spots are very small, possibly pixel size, could this be a possibility?

The only possibly contributing factor is it is positioned near my wardrobes and over the years, have OCCASIONALLY been slight knocked by the cupboard door opening or closing. Not very hard though and no problems have happened before. Any ideas before I go out an buy a whole new damn telly?

I'm quite competent at home electronics and can take apart to inspect if anyone can point in the right direction.

Many thanks in anticipation,
Steve, London.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom