1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 32Pf4320

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by isi98, Apr 2, 2005.

1. isi98

isi98
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all.
    I've been gettin a lot of valuable information from this forum and being wery interested specially in the philips 32PF9986. But then I saw a new philips in a local ( Finnish) retailers warehouse. It's a Philips 32PF4320 and I think it's an upgrade or something from 9946 but with new modelnumber and wery temting price. Around 1600 to 1900 € here in Finland.
    Dont find in the philips' webpages though, but have managed to get some information anyway:

HD WXGA 1366X768 18ms screen
    500:1 contrast
    500 cd/m2 brightness
    3D- combfilter, chrystal clear 3
    progressive scan
    PIP
    2X scart/ s-video/ VGA in/ DVI in
    FM radio

Decided to order it and they deliver it next week, so let's see then.
    If anyboby has any thougts about this set or even experienses, I'd be wery happy to hear from you.

This is the firs time ever to write on any forum so I hope I've done everything correctly.
    Would have put a picture of the set here, but dont know how.

2. Xelon

Xelon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53

New Model? Seems like a backward step with 18 ms response time as opposed to 12 ms in the current range & 500:1 contrast ratio again 800:1 in the current range, are you sure of the specs?

3. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I came across this oddity a week or so ago in another thread and was equally puzzled...

It isn't HDTV ready either and is a big step backwards from the similarly priced 32PF9976.

I think it's an old model that's been bunged out in slightly obscure markets to get rid of dead stock.

Can you cancel it isi98? And, if you can, can you get the 9976?

Jimmy

4. isi98

isi98
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm afraid my main reason is cost. I would have to pay ower 2000 € for 9976, but the cost of 4320 ( I get a bit of discount) is about 1200 €
    I still think, even if it indeed is a step backwards, that it can meet my needs: mainly watching DVD:s trough scart (rgb) and browsin the web. Also a bit of computer gaming