1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 32DW6557 + Philips DVDR 75

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by diggle 48, Jan 19, 2004.

1. diggle 48

diggle 48

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Question from a newbie. Bought a Philips IDTV + DVDR75. I can receive the 4 basic TV channels on analogue + all the Digital channels on Freeview. I would like to record the Digital channels on to the DVDR 75. Is it possible to do this because when i try to record from Freeview it will only record the 4 analogue channels.

following the set up instructions it says plug in the special easylink scart connector to EXT 1 at the back of DVDR and corresponding scart socket at the back of TV. which I assume to be Ext 1. A message should appear on the the screen announcing transfer has started. EASYLINK should be displayed. It doesnt. I went to system menu on TV and found the Digital & VCR settings. In the VCR setting you can enable easylink which I did. But it made no difference. I have tried different permutations ie changing scarts to another EXT. still nothing. Is there a special easylink scart I should purchase? I used the scart supplied. Please can someone help me out.
    Dave.