1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 32 PW9523 (WS) - green lines

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Glimmer, Apr 16, 2003.

1. Glimmer

Glimmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    About 4 years ago I bought a Philips 32PW9523(Pastel/Light Green). This is NOT a true flatscreen model.

A few months back I started noticing that a short time after being switched on about 15 - 20 horizontal thin light green lines appear on the screen. These are only noticeable during darker scenes and virtually invisible during reasonably light displays. The distance between lines is about 3 cm but gets narrower at the top/bottom of the screen. The other weird thing is that the lines do not stretch right across horizontally, they may start in couple of cm but are pretty much straight, and slighty slope.

I do not own any surround speakers.

Needless to say, trying to watch films set in the dark(eg; Panic Room) is hopeless as the green lines are very distracting. I've tried fiddling with contrast controls but they don't help much and just make the general picture too dark.

I have lodged the problem with Philips website several times but have never received any reply. OK, so I'm out of warranty period, but before I pay a call-out fee for a technician I was just curious to see if this problem has occured with anyone else owning a similar set. They were sold in 3 colours - green, blue, silver in the late 90s.

2. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    If they are even across the whole screen,it sounds like the green gun is on it's way out.

I had red even horizontal lines on a Philips and the engineer told me the red guns were on the way out.It was rented,so it got replaced.

3. Glimmer

Glimmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that.....sounds like I need a replacement part, but after only 4 years ??