1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 32 inch red colours?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by vasco, Jan 2, 2004.

1. vasco

vasco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had a Philips 32PW9525 Pixel Plus set for just over 13 months now and all of a sudden on New Year's day the screen suddenly went red when I switched it on. It also has thin horizontal red lines accross the screen. This is most noticable when the picture should be "black" or when showing a blue screen (now red!) on eg the EXT 1 channel. When showing an image the colours are now all off and the picture looks awful. Philips just refer me to the dealer and they tell me to bring it in with no promises or estimates on how much it will cost.

I've tried degaussing several times by disconnecting from the mains and leaving for 25 mins but it doesn't have any effect. Does anybody have any ideas? Bit peed as the set cost me £1200 new and it's just out of warranty!

Cheers in advance for any help

2. vasco

vasco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anybody??:confused:

3. Crock

Crock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know how strict consumer protection laws you have in the UK, but in at least in Finland the responsibility of manufacturer or retailer for a faulty product does not end with the warranty time. If the product's life cycle is generally seen as several years (such is the case with a TV set) the manufacturer has a liability to compensate for faults in product even if they appear after the warranty time.

I think you should consult the Philips customer service / retailers service and if they don't seem to consent then your local consumer ombudsman.

4. fatbob

fatbob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Vasco,

Have a look at this link.

While the specific problem may differ, there is no way that a tv of this price should develop a fault like this so quickly. Philips are no stranger to tv's developing bad problems shortly after the warranty expires.

In the past, Philips have had to accept that a product only a month or two out of warranty shouldn't break down, as shown in the above link.

Good luck.

5. vasco

vasco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys:smashin: Link gives me good ammo!