Philips 32" 9527

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by richdutton, Jul 8, 2002.

1. richdutton

richdutton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I went to John Lewis, Cambridge at the weekend and asked if they could find out when they would have a 9527 in. They couldn't tell me at the time, but they phoned me back today and said that they weren't sure, but they'd spoken to Philips and they thought that it would be sometime in Autumn!
    A bit worried, I went to Currys, who were uncharacteristicly helpful and knowlegeable (the guy even seemed to have heard about the Panasonic tubes debacle): they actually have 28 in their warehouses at the moment, and could order one if I wanted. Unfortunately, the price is £1300 with a stand, which is nearly three hundred quid more expensive than Robert Whyte :p.
    I now have no idea what to do. I don't really spend a grand over the internet, but I don't think that Currys price-match, and John Lewis don't anticipate on having one in for ages... Suppose I'll just hope they're wrong.

2. LONGSHANKS

LONGSHANKS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Rich,
    Barrats sound and Vision in Canterbury Kent have a 32"9527 on display in the showroom.Can't remember the exact price but I'm sure it was under £1300.The tel No is:01227 813710.Personally I'm going to wait until they are more widely available as I can get a 32"9617 from the net for that price.

Matt

3. richdutton

richdutton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Matt, I'll check them out.

4. richdutton

richdutton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm, apparently theirs are £1300 too. Does anyone have any experience with Robert Whyte?

5. greenthumb

greenthumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dare I say it but Sound and Vision in bolton can get the 9527 for a shade over a grand, no website though. Used ad in mag. Up to a couple of weeks lead time though.