Philips 32" 32PF5321 HD ready, gaming cables.

Discussion in 'Philips TVs Forum' started by jalaneme, Aug 6, 2006.

Tags:
  1. jalaneme

jalaneme
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well i am buying this LCD TV very soon or this model; Philips 32PF9830 depending on how much cash i get and i want some help with connecting my consoles to a HD TV i know that when connecting to HD TV is much more different from a normal TV and i am pretty confused to what cables i will need to get a clear picture.

I heard that when connecting consoles with a normal scart that the picture becomes 'blurry' how would i avoid this problem? what cables would i need to use my console on HDTV i have these consoles:

Dreamcast PAL (with RGB scart lead)
    PS2 slim PAL (with RGB scart lead)
    Gamecube PAL (normal scart lead that came with console)
    Playstation 1 PAL (older model) (RGB scart lead)

can anyone tell me if i would need to change any of these cables? will RGB work with the TV's that i mentioned above? also i have a old scorpion PS1 light gun for PS1 games and a dreamcast light gun, will that work with the HD TV? will i need to get a cable for that also?

these are the display options for the Philips 32PF5321; Video formats : 640 x 480p - 2Fh, 720 x 576p - 2Fh, 1280 x 720p - 3Fh, 1920 x 1080i - 2Fh. i can't find the display options for the 32PF9830.

I also have heard of the Xploder HDTV Player that's coming out next month, will it be wise to buy this also for the PS2? or should invest in a new cable instead? please help me out with all these questions! i would hate to be disappointed when i plug in my consoles into my new HD TV and it don't work :(.

2. Matsui

Matsui
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I find PS2 and Gamecube pretty bad on LCD due to the upscaling. Depending on the game it can look ok or really bad. PS1 games, forget about them, they flicker like no tomorrow - unplayable. That new HDTV thing for ps2 should at least sort the sony stuff out I hope.

3. jalaneme

jalaneme
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    is the picture bad when you use the standard scart or is this when you use RGB scart on you TV? please let me know!

also i had a look at component cables but they are only for progressive mode and only a few games support it on the PS2 i don't know about dreamcast and 0 games on the PS1 support it lol especially as i have a lot of PAL games not much would support it at all (GT4 PAL has this option removed) so i don't know if investing in a component cable for all my consoles is the best option i then had a look at s video but the gamecube doesn't support it because my console is PAL so that would be a problem aswell. so what else can i use? or can i buy s video for the dreamcast, ps2 and ps1? and what cable for a PAL gamecube?

please help me out! i am not that technical when it comes to all these wires so i need all the help i can get, google is useless!

4. Matsui

Matsui
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    RGB scart. But you don't get the point, it still won't look good no matter what cables you use.

5. Coldfox

Coldfox
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  6. jalaneme

jalaneme
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    will that light gun also work with the PS1 games aswell? thanks for the info so far.

edit: just had a look on the web and it dosn't support PS1 games, all my light gun games are on ps1 not ps2.

7. Coldfox

Coldfox
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  8. Coldfox

Coldfox
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Btw, a component lead will work and improve the quality of every Ps2 game.

Its just that only a few games support progressive scan (have to hold X and O on start up or something) to enable progressive scan mode

9. jalaneme

jalaneme
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i have just found this gun

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-3z-49-en-70-2f8.html

that compatible with LCD screens and also works on PS1 games, but only problem is it's sold out. now i have to find a light gun compatible with the Dreamcast that works on LCD i think it's a pain to have so much consoles becasue i have to buy all these connection wires again. XD

10. jalaneme

jalaneme
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    yeah that's why i think it's a waste of money to buy a component cable because only a small amount of games support it, especially in the PAL region.

11. Coldfox

Coldfox
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well,, i own a a monster RGB Scart cable, and it did make alot of difference to me.

The standard composite cables are very crap imo.

12. jalaneme

jalaneme
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm very sad now :( there is no LCD light guns for the dreamcast :( as the console is 'dead' i don't think one will ever be made, i guess i will have to play the dreamcast light guns on my second small TV instead. and what is the diffrence between a composite and component cable?

13. Matsui

Matsui
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Considering how "flickery" and unplayable PS1 games are, I can't see the lightgun working to well to be honest.