Philips 32/28pw6506

W

wharfman

Thinking of getting this set, due to the failure of my old one. Can anyone tell me if it auto switches from 4:3 to 16:9 (say when watching older shows shot in 4:3 and then turning over to a 16:9 show) when viewing via sky, or with dvd.

The Philips brochure says no but my old set which was only 3 years old did?

Also is ther an option to extend the tube guarantee. There was one with my other but i never took it out. DOH!!

Thanks

All the Philips I've had over the last few years auto switch,better than any other TV actually.

There is an option for an extended tube warranty.

What happened to your other TV then?

the tube has gone!! I'm gutted after 3 and a half years not what you'd expect........i've started the search for another, and the only ones I like are philips.

I would recommend my Philips 6515,with no dark bands.

Yes it's a month old and I think it's in the current Currys advert on TV.

Check out the Philips Pixel Plus threads about dark bands and Panasonic,but not mine.

28in 6515 Flatscreen is £450 on the Net,do a Pricerunner search.

I've just checked out the 6506 and it looks like the same as mine anyway,apart from slightly different specs.

your's has virtual dolby right?? is that worth having, for an extra £30 i may well set my sights slighty higher. Can you tell me where you got yours? and it switshes fro 4:3/16:9

Yes,mine has Virtual Dolby,but it's not worth it.For me I always use my amp for DVD's,though this TV has brilliant sound for a TV.

It has got great 100 page dual screen teletext.

I got mine for £604 delivered from QED.Philips have just took it off their web-site,so stocks will run down now.

As I said before,it goes from 4:3 > 16:9 and 16:9 > 4:3 with no problems.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom