Philips 30PF9975

seoulchre

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post but I'm hoping someone will be able to help me.

My wife and I bought a philips 30PF9975 from Comet yesterday, we got home installed it and were quite happy until we put on a dark DVD, at which point it became obvious there were very light patches in each corner of the picture, the blacks are far from black.

Any advice on what I should do? I also note the new philips 32PF9976 is now available for the same price :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance.

I'd seen these, but thanks for the links. Mine is a little different although it may be due to the same overal reason. Mine has light patches coming frome ach of the four corners which radiate outwards, like 1/4 circles. Its a little odd tbh. I think I may speak to Comet tomrrow.

Aside form that the picture quality is grea, although I do need some decent scart cables.

OK, not happy at all with this. I thought I'd give it a few days but the picture is shocking. I'm going into see comet tomorrow.

Anyone know where I stand for getting a refund/exchange?

My 30PF9975 appears to be presenting the same 'bright patches' fault.

I bought mine in April this year from Digital Direct, and I am a little concerned as to my prospects of getting a replacement. I have to have the screen collected by Anovo (the Philips screen repair agent) who carry out an assessment of the screen and then report back their findings (this takes up to 7 days).

Anyone had any experience of these companies, and whether the aftermarket support from Digital Direct reflects their low prices?

Update: I managed to get comet to swap mine out for a new one, they were really good about it and geve me no trouble at all. The picture on the new one is as good as the reviews said so now I'ma happy chappy.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom