Philips 30PF9975 RGB Scart detection

TWH

Standard Member
Hi guys,

Got an issue with my philips lcd (not one of the brand new ones - about a year and a half old). I've got my sky plus box connected on EXT1 and the output set to RGB but the Philips still says the signal is CVBS. How can I get it to pick up that it's RGB because the picture is really poor at the moment. I can't find anything on the menus to change it.

It's connected via the Wireworld Chroma 5 Scart cable which I was told is fully RGB compatible.

Would having the SVHS cable connected between the TV and Sky box make a difference - it gives a much better picture at the moment which is why I've got it hooked up as well.

Cheers in advance
 

JayCee

Distinguished Member
TWH said:
Hi guys,

Got an issue with my philips lcd (not one of the brand new ones - about a year and a half old). I've got my sky plus box connected on EXT1 and the output set to RGB but the Philips still says the signal is CVBS. How can I get it to pick up that it's RGB because the picture is really poor at the moment. I can't find anything on the menus to change it.

It's connected via the Wireworld Chroma 5 Scart cable which I was told is fully RGB compatible.

Would having the SVHS cable connected between the TV and Sky box make a difference - it gives a much better picture at the moment which is why I've got it hooked up as well.

Cheers in advance
Do you have it connected to the Sky+ TV Out scart socket?...as that's the only one which outputs RGB.
 

TWH

Standard Member
Yeah, it's definitely connected to the TV out socket. When in the menu system for sky, all of the text characters look really noisy with fuz surrounding them.
 

JayCee

Distinguished Member
TWH said:
Yeah, it's definitely connected to the TV out socket. When in the menu system for sky, all of the text characters look really noisy with fuz surrounding them.
I would beg, steal or borrow another scart lead and try that before you go any further.
 

TWH

Standard Member
Problem solved, plugged the scart into EXT2 and it detected RGB. Picture now BEAUTIFUL, much better than the SVHS! Obviously Philips lie when they say that EXT1 takes RGB, either that or it's faulty!

Cheers for the help.

Got a new Panny TH37PV500 on the way so this one's moving up to the bedroom but it's good to have got everything working properly first!
 

JayCee

Distinguished Member
TWH said:
Problem solved, plugged the scart into EXT2 and it detected RGB. Picture now BEAUTIFUL, much better than the SVHS! Obviously Philips lie when they say that EXT1 takes RGB, either that or it's faulty!
Or it's selectable in the setup menu somewhere, anyway glad you got it working. :smashin:
 

Trending threads

Trending threads

Top Bottom