1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 30PF9975 - opinions?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by SunnyUK, Jul 26, 2003.

1. SunnyUK

SunnyUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I getting more and more annoyed by the big, bulky, black box aka my existing TV and I'm in the process of convincing myself that I really, really need something nice, sleek, slim hanging on the wall instead. No, seriously, I'm sure my life quality will increase! And so will my life expectancy. Really, it's THE thing! ;)

Anyway, I'm considering buying a Philips 30PF9975 - 30" LCD screen for £2,000.

Does anyone have any experiences or advices for me? Is it a fair price (seems so from my research, but I'm happy to be corrected). Is it a good screen? Anything in particular I should research more indepth?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
    Tomas

2. andya

andya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    i saw the 30inch lg and thought it was very good but then i saw the image lag and things changed basically if there is a fast moving seen you will see a trail and thats what put me off all so
    you really need to see them in the dark the blacks are more gray
    in a shop its slightly different.the best one ive seen is nec 40 inch
    i think it had a 16ms responce time which for a screen of this size
    is very good .the lg i think was 25ms,so i think you need to see the trail effect for yourself and check the black levels and finally see what response time the phillips is

3. SunnyUK

SunnyUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you andya, that's good advice. I'll check up on the technical details and try to find somewhere where I can actually see it in action.

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    iiyama have some lcd panels about to appear, saw them at CEDIA, working with UVEM PC, most impressive. Looking fwd to seeing them with more mainstream sources.