1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 30PF9975 LCD info?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by bodyfodder, Oct 30, 2003.

1. bodyfodder

bodyfodder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey,

Now that the 30PF9975 is down to a more sensible price im startin to wonder if it would be worth saving up for one.

Does anyone own one? Would you recommend them?

Cheers.

2. nobbydog

nobbydog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Bought one (for my father) about 2 months ago. At present have Sky & VCR feeding into the lcd via RGB scarts (Thors).

The picutre quality is excellent. Of course digital artefacts are noticeable at very close range (less than 3ft) but at normal distances the whole image is crisp and clear. The integrated virtual dolby surround works well if you're new to the game but would not compete with a relatively cheap surround system.
    The biggest drawback, even with the RGB feed, is football! If you do watch a lot of football AVOID THIS TV!!! Sounds a bit severe considering what I have just said about picture quality in general, but when the camera pans across the pitch following the ball from, say, a goal kick, the whole thing is a blurr. I presume this would be the case for any sport or image involving a quick pan of the camera.
    The other negative is bad lip-synch at times on certain channels. However, this would appear to affects all plasma'a and lcd's to some degree and does not happen all the time.

Hope this helps, good luck.

3. bodyfodder

bodyfodder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply mate.

Will keep on lookin:)