Philips 30PF9975/12 - can't get VGA from PC at 1280 x 768

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up a Philips 30PF9975/12 with a Windows XP Media Center PC. I've read that its native resolution is 1280 x 768 but I can't get that resolution on the computer when connected through VGA. It won't let me use anything higher than 1024 x 768, so the computer desktop is situated in the middle of the screen with black bands to each side.

Going into advanced settings and unticking 'Hide modes that this monitor cannot support' doesn't help - I can then specify 1280 x 768 but the display doesn't expand. It still shows up with black bands and just slides from side to side when I move my mouse to the side of the desktop.

These threads seem to suggest that it can be done, but I really don't know how I can achieve it:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/sky-hd/339843-sky-hd-philips-30pf9975-12-a.html
http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-...ox360-philips-30pf9975-12-1080i-1280x768.html

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Andrew

Tried Powerstrip, no joy. Will temporaily show 1280x768 across entire screen, but the display will then jump and downsize. This is using a nVidia 9500GT.

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
See if there are later or alternative drivers for the nVidia card available and try those.

It was using the latest version of the drivers. I had high hopes with them, since they provided the ability to adjust the advanced settings, but no dice.

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
Is there a setting somewhere in the TV menu called "pixel match", "one to one", "just match" or some such similar name ?
Many TVs have such a setting to enable a true resolution match of input device to TV.

Is there a setting somewhere in the TV menu called "pixel match", "one to one", "just match" or some such similar name ?
Many TVs have such a setting to enable a true resolution match of input device to TV.

Not as far as I can see, unless I'm missing something that should be obvious.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom