1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 30" no ntsc progressive ?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by ianmidz, Nov 24, 2003.

1. ianmidz

ianmidz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please , please can someone help me ?

the latest home cinema choice magazine has a review for the philips 30 " lcd, but it states that it will NOT handle an ntsc progressive picture via the componat input but WILL handle Pal progressive.

I downloaded a copy of the instruction booklet that says it willl do ntsc, but i am loathed to buy this screen if it doesnt ,especially as i have just bought a new progressive scan dvd player that does pal/ntsc (HKdvd25)

Are there any philips owners out there that HAVE got ntsc progressive to work ?

It soes seem like a big error for HCC mag to make ? or Philips if it doesnt work !!

Many thanks

2. warboy

warboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ian
    I'm thinking of buying this screen and as far as I'm aware it will handle both progressive NTSC and PAL - not positive about this though. However, what it won't do is accept a non-progressive image through the component inputs

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Can't imagine a progressive only display. Philips certainly claim it's progressive compatible, but if it won't accept interlaced, you'll have to have an alternative connection to see the menu to turn progressive on! Ludicrous. Don't worry they aren't that stupid at Philips. Don't like them much myself, a bit over-processed for my taste, but can't say anything else against them, it will work if they say it will.

4. cerebros

cerebros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Pretty sure the review says that the screen won't accept interlaced NTSC & PAL, but will accept progressive scan in both types