1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 30" 300WN5QS

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Norvegia, Sep 26, 2004.

1. Norvegia

Norvegia
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    First off all, Made in China. Should I stay away from these? Don't know myself; I've read it could be a drawback but don't know why.

The first reason why I've put my eyes on this set is that I can get it new for 1999€ (aprox. £1352) and because if I don't like what I see, I can send it back and get a complete refund.

The second reason are the supported display resolutions (480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i, VGA, SVGA, XGA, WXGA) and its connectivity (1 x Component, 1 x DVI-D, 1 x VGA, 1 x Scart, 1 x S-Video).

It hasn't Pixel Plus but DCDi, and has Progressive Scan.

Here it is:

Off
    [​IMG]

On
    [​IMG]

Maybe no one knows anything about this TV, but It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could share its thoughts after looking at the specs above. I need some advice. No need to say that, although it's more business oriented, it has a built-in TV tuner.

Thanks in advance to all.

Regards.

2. Norvegia

Norvegia
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    OK, it's more a PC monitor than a TV, but thought someone in this forum could advise me about this set.

I only need to know your opinion; if you were looking for a 30" monitor for a 40/60 TV and PC use, would you take the plunge and get this one (keeping in mind all the above)?

:lease:

Best regards.

3. Kameio

Kameio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am also on the look out for an LCD that I can use with my PC and also for TV viewing, I'm very new to the whole AV thing but having looked at the specs and price of that Philips it looks very hard to beat for the money, also having consulted the AV guru's at work they all want to get one for that price and considering you can return it for no loss go for it while the price is cheap, as everywhere we have looked online its around £2100, if you don't want to take the risk I will for that price :)

4. Norvegia

Norvegia
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Many thanks for the input Kameio. It really is very hard to beat for the money and as I had to make a decision soon, I've already ordered it. No more waiting.

I'll let you know how it performs when I get it.

Best regards.

5. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,018
    30pf9946 listed in RGBdirect at £1299 is similar, but slightly more TV. Includes speakers, component in, DVI in, VGA in, etc.

Also lists 1280x768 support @ 60 & 75Hz, so pretty good :)

6. Norvegia

Norvegia
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    On the leaflet I have there is no signal for component and DVI inputs on this set. Does RGBdirect list them on their website? :confused: I would expect at least to have component input to take it in consideration.

Regards.