philips 28pw9616 and a slight white outline..

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by rauer, Aug 31, 2001.

1. rauer

rauer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9

2. axomatic

axomatic
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same model, haven't noticed this, will have a close look tonight and let you know if I have the same problem.

3. simondp

simondp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, does anyone know why i have a very slight, white outline typically only on the right hand side of objects ? It's starting to bug me a little...

I have good quality scarts and RGB input.

Maybe there's a service function to turn off Halovision...? Talking of which, anyone know how to get into the service menu ? Should I attempt such a thing.....

4. simondp

simondp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    any news, "axomatic" ? I'm sure this has only started in the last few days... it's almost like a touch of ghosting on the right hands side. Only when there are dark/light colours next to each other. Strange how it's almost always on the right hand side... seems to affect tv presenters mainly.. I've wiggled the scarts cos i thought it might be that.. done all the obvious but halovision is still there when light meets errr... something.

disappointed by the quality of tonight's football picture too.. is this my tv as well ?!! this is my 2nd set.. can't believe i've got another dodgy one, though it's much better than the first. teletext in corners was impossible to read.

5. axomatic

axomatic
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having check over the weekend couldn't see the effect you're seeing. But I do think there's something odd going on with the picture when I watch the footie. I'm going to swtich between Sky and BBC tonigh to see if there is a difference.