1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 28PW9527 Buzzing Sound

Discussion in 'TVs' started by LRaybould, Jun 28, 2003.

1. LRaybould

LRaybould

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had this set now for six months and am very happy with it apart from an intermittent buzzing sound, which I have noticed, from inside the unit.

This sometimes happens if I display the blue programme information banner on my Nokia 221T Free-to-View box without a picture showing, just a blank black background. When I turn the banner off, the buzzing stops. It becomes really noticeable when I set the picture to ‘Double Lines'. If I leave the set in ‘Double Lines' mode and view a picture, the buzzing would go off and on depending on what was displayed on the screen. The annoying thing is, sometimes the buzzing is there and sometimes not at all.

There has always been a slight hum, which is hardly noticeable, from the tube that changes tone depending on what is displayed on the screen but this is a buzzing sound. The hum I know is a normal feature, as I have read similar posts from others who have this set.

I have my box connected via a scart lead to EXT3 with a RGB output.

Anyone else experienced this with their set?

Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

2. danlo

danlo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a 9527 a while back with the same problem. The first 9527 I had was quite a good set (relatively speaking) until one of the guns went in the tube. The first set has no hum whatsoever but when the set came back from repair with a brand new tube the level of hum was beyond a joke :mad:

Got an engineer out and he thought that the tube was faulty but rather that repair it again I was offered my money back :D

I would not accept this as the norm, not all 9527's have this hum and I for one was not prepaired to pay £1000+ for a TV that would wake the dead with it's hum.

Danlo

3. ste1010

ste1010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Are you sure it a Philips. Try peeling the philips badge off the front. It will probably say Sony underneath. If its a Sony the humm will be a characteristic and considered within tolerance. :laugh:

4. dwadley

dwadley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I just purchased a 9527 yesterday and I have a similiar problem. My set has a high pitched whistle - but not all the time - I am getting an engineer out to take a look - Soooo unimpressive to pay good money and get these sort of problems.!!!!