1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 28pw9509

Discussion in 'TVs' started by a2themutherk, Nov 2, 2004.

1. a2themutherk

a2themutherk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What are your veiws on this set?Is the picture as good as the 32"?( ie does Pixel Plus 2 work as well on a 28" screen as it does on a 32").Are there any rival 28" widescreen TV's picture wise or is this new Philips really the unrivalled champion???http://www.avforums.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=42#
    Clap

2. Will_Marsh

Will_Marsh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the 32" 9509 for 3 weeks then it went back, after some deliberation! Got a refund as couldn't decide what else to choose. I loved the clarity and colours but couldn't live with the halos (looked more like flickery backgrounds), dirty screen on light backgrounds and feint vertical bars. These effects may well be less visible on 28" but I would go for something cheaper without so much fancy processing. Just my opinion and I may well get shot down but...

Good luck and don't go insane! :suicide:

3. collingmr

collingmr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Will. I've been noticing the same effects you've been seeing.. it annoys me that paying £800 doesn't get you a TV which you're completely pleased with.

In my experience Pixel Plus 2 is good at some programs, in others it looks very false (and somehow sped up) and sometimes suffers from the halo effect. The 'dirty screen' on panning shots is the most annoying thing for me.. vertical bars aren't too much of a problem.

However without a suitable alternative I'm loathed to send it back after taking so long to find this one.

Basically I'm 80-90% happy with it most of the time.. but other times it pis.ses me off that they can't get it right! ;-)

Matt.

4. eric2

eric2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    can you not turn off the fancy processing?

I'm hoping to get the 28'' version soon

5. Will_Marsh

Will_Marsh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can turn off the processing to a degree but the dirty screen still remains, you can use 100Hz digital scan and Double Lines (I understand this to be 50Hz) as alternatives but only you can decide if its what you want. Do what I did and take some DVD's to a store and get a demo, if necessary get the shop to hook up a dvd to a number of tv's and compare, any decent store will do this.

Good Luck